Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What really makes for a good workout

You know, today as I was running it was hard to stay focused. My roommate had just used my machine and changed some of the settings and I was running for about 30 minutes before I realized that I had been running with her programmed info. Kelly weighs considerably less than I do and I only noticed because it seemed like I was on pace for a ten mile run and that wasn't right, I knew. Anyway I did some math, reset the programs and finished it out. But I had to keep doing the math in my head. Not so easy when you are running... But it was a good thing and here is why. The best workouts aren't the easy ones. The best workouts come when you finish what you started whether you wanted to or not. That's the difference between goal hitters and goal setters. When I run outside I never bring my phone or money because I know I can always make my half way point than all I need to do it get my ass back home. And without a phone or money there is no way other than my feet.
Today I sweat a ton. I kept my eye on the prize and even though my feet are a little more sore and my legs a little more tired, mentally I feel like an Olympian. This evening in my work I've been on point and I feel strong and happy inside and out.
So remember, if you are feeling like your workout sucks one day, smile and realize that you are having a breakthrough and a great workout... afterall its called work for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment