Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 6: I am a warrior Woman

You know my first name means "warrior woman" in Gaelic and my middle name Louise means "warrior woman" in Finnish. Its a random act since my father would have named me Kelly even if I was a boy and Louise is the middle name of my mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. I'm a fourth generation warrior woman. And somehow it just confirms to me that everything happens for a reason.
These are the thoughts I had today as I was entering into my last 200 hundred calories. That I am someone who is filled with a lot of strength, determination, drive and a sense of time that is not always just in the present, but can span history both forward and in front of me.
I think of how if when I achieve this goal, there will be so many other goals that are going to fall in front of me and I will be able to accomplish those as well.
The first 800 calories were easy today. The last 200 hard. Its how I know that on Friday I'll be moving the speed up and making it tougher again. Sweating it out more.
since Sunday I've gone 28 miles. More than a marathon.
25K to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment