Sunday, February 1, 2009

30K Challenge Day One... Okay actually its day three

This is my story... I'm a 29 year old woman who has decided to get back in the shape I was in just six years ago. At 23 I was fit and healthy. With the one exception that I smoked a lot. It used to take me through my workouts. I would say... "500 more calories and you can have two cigarettes in the parking lot before you even start that car." Then I quit smoking and working out almost at the same time. I clearly remember my pants getting tighter and tighter and the first time I bought a pair of size 16 pants. when I had bought the size 14s I was distraught but thought I was just bloated and had a gained a bit I could rid myself of quickly. I got bigger still. My tipping point came about a year ago in January 2008. I bought a size 22 pant. How gross is that. I had gain 75 pounds and was sitting at 228 pounds on my 5 foot 6 inch frame. I was "unfuckable" and maybe that's how I wanted it. January 2008 is also the month that I decided that I needed to come out as gay to my family and friends by the end of the year. I knew that one of the reasons I had not be keeping myself up was that my weight gain made advances from men fewer and further between. I bought a treadmill and I told myself I would lose thirty pounds and come out. But every time I hit that twenty pound mark I would get scared that I was going to have to do it and I would quit working out until I gained that 20 pounds back. Finally at the end of July 2008 I decided that I just had to do it no matter what because it was becoming clear that I would not be losing the weight first. Fate intervened and an old friend from high school and I reconnected. She was gay too and really helped me come out. By the end of October I had told everyone important in my life and by December I was living happily as a lesbian. Between Thanksgiving and today I have lost 28 pounds and currently weigh just under 200 pounds. My goal weight by December 19th 2009 will be to weigh 150 pounds. which is smack dab in the middle of the 147- 153 that I will be happy with. I can do it! This is my story of total transformation and I want to share it with you.
About a week ago I came up with the 30K challenge because I thought it would be something to work for, something to break through the worst winter month with and 30K calories is about 8 pounds. My goal for the month of Feb is to lose ten pounds.
If there is one thing I know its that the beginning of this journey will be easier for the weight loss than the middle or that last ten pounds. I have a game plan for that. At 170 I'm calling in a trainer twice a week to kick my ass down that last twenty pounds. For now its about eating right, staying focused and letting nothing stop me from achieving my goals.

I'm three days in and three thousand calories and 20 miles on the treadmill or as I like to call it "milling" 27K to go!

Feel free to comment on any of my post. Leave a message on your own challenge or give me advice. All are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment