Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 4: Holy Shmoly Greatest Run ever

I seriously had the greatest run ever today! seven miles of pure sweating ecstasy. It was hard and good. I don't think I've sweat like that in years. Let me explain my love of sweat for just a moment. I have always seen each bead like a drop of pure lard rolling off my body. I love to sweat and today was so great that my pony tail was dripping. I never felt icky though because I had drank a gallon of water prior to even getting on the mill today.
I was going to run in the evening today. But around 1pm I felt a little cranky and I knew I had two options. One hate the rest of my day or two jump on "Milly" and get happy. I chose number two, a nooner with my treadmill.
There is something pure about the addiction of running. Like nothing else matters, like all of my other problems can be solved on that little rolling road underneath my feet, something I can control, something that the only thing standing between me and my end result is just a small amount of time in the grand scheme of life.
I have never felt so renewed when I stepped off the mill today. My hot shower my reward.
26K to go. I bet I sleep like a baby!

What was your best workout ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment