
My first famous girl crush was on Kim Zmeskyl, the US gymnast that totally kicked ass in the 1992 Summer Games. I was 12 almost 13 and had just moved to Michigan from California. I hated every second and that summer I spent a ton of time collecting every article I could find on her and cutting it out. I thought it was more that I wanted to be an athlete. But looking back it was a total crush. I remember clearly the moment this issue of Time magazine came to our doorstep and how I would just stare the muscles she had forever. I've always liked athletic girls.
Today I feel Olympic powerful and I'm going to picture my muscles being this strong while I run.
Whatever it takes, everyday on the mill that is all that matters. I may never have the perfect body but I can get close with practice and determination.
No comments:
Post a Comment