Whoo Hooo! It's Friday and that means I'm almost though the first full week of the month. This is technically day seven of this challenge but the whiteboard that I use, I track from Monday to Sunday on my goals. I know that weekends can the hardest time for me to stay on track for my goals. I used to get caught up a lot with my fitness goals, and totally ruin the work I've done all week with poor choices on the weekend. Here are some ways that I've found to keep on track for my goals:
1. Plan on Friday what you will be eating all weekend. I use to find that I would eat out a lot on the weekends. Breakfast with friends, order a Pizza with roommates and the next thing I know I totally ate garbage for three days. Now I make sure to have food in the house that I eat everyday anyway. Like Bananas, Tuna, Pasta, Soup and PB and J. Staples that I love and are easy prep so that I won't cave to the easy way of ordering in or just going out.
2. Workout no matter what. I'll tell you that in the month of December I spent way too many Fridays and Saturdays drinking. More than is appropriate or cool. But you know what? I would still get on my treadmill more often than not and punish myself through it. It made me want to curb my enthusiasm big time. Because sweating out booze sucks and it makes for a shitty workout every time. I Promise you! Now that I've been in a month or so of detox I feel amazing almost every run and for that fact most days.
3. Read something motivational. This is my secret to success in so many areas of my life. I read stories about people who do things that most people don't. It makes me want to be an over achiever too.
4. Just start. Its the start that stops most people. So you don't think you can break through your 1000 calories today. Just start and see how long you go. I bet after 200 hundred, you decide to just go until 250, 300, 350 etc. you can do it. Just start.
5. Plan an active activity with friends. Do something outside. If its warm, go golfing, swim, play beach volleyball. If like me you live in winter hell, go Ice Skating or Sledding. Running up and down that hill will be great exercise and fun.
See you post run
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment