First of all, a good friend who has had a eating issue or two pointed out to me yesterday that striving to look like my top eight chicks from yesterdays morning post could be dangerous and that "having a six pack is easy when you don't eat" I couldn't agree more and want to make sure that I'm clear that I'm not trying to look like those girls. Maybe date them lol but not look like them. I think all of them look like they get thier shape because of the workout and the right food choices not by deprivation. Well maybe except Madonna because she eats macrobiotic and that's gross.
I love food! I love things that have flavor and taste and I'm a great cook. I've just realized lately, cooking my own food loses about 1000-1500 calories a day vs eating out. Yesterday I ate six meals including a giant bowl of pasta Alfredo. My total calorie intake for the day was 1200 and I was trying to eat closer to 1400-1500 yesterday. But I certainly wasn't starving myself I promise you that.
This morning I wanted to share Ten Reasons I love my treadmill
1. Milly is the first thing I see in the Am and the last thing I see at night- Its right next to my bed
2. Milly doesn't just avoid talking about my faults and is clear about them- If my run sucks my numbers will show it
3. I am Milly's first owner and she is my first treadmill- we have no baggage, ex issues or expectations of how a run is supposed to be
4. She keeps track of the details for me- the display rocks
5. She makes my heart jump.
6. I'm always in a better mood after paying her a visit
7. I can no longer imagine my life without Milly and fear the day she breaks down
8. Even when I neglect her she lets me come back and forgives and forgets
9. She makes me a stronger happier girl
10. Without Milly this challenge would be four times harder to complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that you call your treadmill, "milly!" It's cool that you've put yourself to this challenge. I'm a bit of a fitness freak (little known fact), but I've got a gf 8 years my junior, and I have to keep my body bikini-able.
ReplyDeleteI eat about 5-6 meals a day, brown bag it (even when co-workers make fun of me), and bring lots of snacks - clementines, almonds, etc...and I'm at the gym about 4 days a week. I do weights/cardio/pilates.
Keep on your path, and don't let people discourage you...because they'll try. F-them (not literally, of course), and best of luck!
If you meet your goals (or should I say, when) I'd be happy to do something about you on Grrlplanet. We're always looking to inspire.