Friday, February 27, 2009

almost through the first month

Tomorrow is the last day of the first month of my challenge. I have worked out 26K calories in the last 29 days and I'm proud of that. I wish I was reporting that I hit the 30K but I'm not feeling defeated at all about not hitting it. I've put in place some very good habits and I see myself growing healthiers and stronger everyday.
March is going to be another strong month and I'm kicking it up on a notch and going back to my no booze for the month too. I find that the pounds just fall off when there is no beer in my life. And honestly I'm a dark beer girl who is really sick of drinking shitty low carb and light beer. And yes I am aware its St. Pattys day but I know that if there is one day that I will enjoy being the DD for everyone I know its that day. My favorite thing about my detox months is hanging out with people I know when they are drunk. Its always funny to be the only one who is aware of what is going on. Especially since I'm not very judgemental person so I really enjoy the silliness.

A solid core workout awaits me this afternoon. I'm taking a break on Milly today as I am still sore in my legs and bum and they need a break.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..you've kicked a TON of calories this month! There are chicks in my gym who would die for that (and your motivation). We have a woman in my gym that offers you "clean towels" to wipe your forehead while you are on the cardio machines...yesterday, she asked the lady beside me on the bike, who said," I don't need a towel, but I could really use a candy bar about now."

    It totally cracked me up.

    We all have our vices and little things that bring in calories. Cool idea taking a break from the booze. You're going to be the most popular chick on St Pat's day!

    ...and good of you to get your workout in, yet taking care of yourself. Your body will thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete