Monday, February 23, 2009

Strength Training addition

Okay, So I've run my ass off this month but I seem to have hit a plateau in the actual weight loss catagory so I'm switching up what I'm doing to keep the body guessing. If there is one thing that watching the biggest loser has taught me its that I need to build more muscle in order to burn more fat. And so I am now adding in some strength training and shorting up the run to faster and harder miles.
Today was an intense arm workout while I worked this morning. My arms are a bit sore. I can feel the muscles ache as I type this. It feels good. I purchased a body ball this weekend and boy o boy are my core muscles sore. The core is key ot great running so I'm going to have major focus in this. Arms, Core, legs, running everyday as well.

Off to run three hard miles today. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment