"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Everything in my life that I have I have always had to work for. I've been working since I was 15 years old, I paid my own way through college, living abroad and since I've been home. I've built myself a pretty decent life and really truly the only thing I'm lacking is a level of fitness that I deserve.
It was a long day today because I spent more time working that I would have liked. Working is my true addiction that I need to control and have help for more than anything else in my life. Its the habits I've built that have made me a Go-To person in my profession. But its the drive that also has created stress, guilt and pressure that is not good for me.
I'm creating a paradigm shift right now and I need to remember that. I'll have slip ups and I'll have set-backs but I know that:
1. a set back is a set up for a comeback
2. inch by inch its a cinch, yard by yard it will be hard
3. I have to be willing to give up the good to get to the great
4. I create my own destiny
I have to keep my focus and keep my eye on the prize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment